Endovenous Laser Ablation Procedure
In endovenous laser ablation treatment (also known as EVLA of EVLT procedure), the doctor inserts a thin optic fiber catheter directly into a varicose vein. The laser catheter delivers laser light that heats up and collapses vein with unhealthy valves. This allows to naturally direct blood circulation to healthy veins. The collapsed vein will be gradually absorbed by the patient’s body.
This treatment is administered at our local laser vein center, is performed under local anesthesia, with ultrasound serving as a guide so that the physician sees each step of the process vividly and performs the procedure safely and accurately.
Benefits of Laser Treatment for Varicose Veins:
Endovenous Laser therapy (also known as laser vein ablation or EVLT) provides multiple benefits to patients and is very effective method for removing even large varicose veins:
- This non-surgical laser therapy is pain free and has high success rates
- This vein laser technology provides great results and short recovery time
- Most of patients rarely experience any side effects or get only small or no scars
- The procedure time usually takes less than an hour
- Most of patients return back to their daily activities on the next day
- Requires no hospitalization and no general anesthesia
- Great alternative treatment method to traditional stripping surgery
- Performed in outpatient setting at your local vein laser removal clinic
Unfortunately, EVLT varicose vein laser treatment cannot treat red, blue or purple veins (also known as spider veins). Consult with our vein specialist to find out if this is the right treatment for you.
Find a laser vein clinic near me.